Edison Price Lighting has designed and manufactured high-quality architectural lighting fixtures since 1952. Our team includes Research & Development, Metrology, Customer Sales Service, Customer Service, Technical Sales, and Manufacturing.
Located in Long Island City, NYC, Edison Price Lighting is proudly 'Made in USA'. Our 60,000-square-foot facility includes our office, full-scale factory, testing lab, and the Edison Price Lighting Gallery.
Our company is ideally sized to be both reliable and flexible. We are large enough to operate a fully-equipped metal-working factory, yet small enough to communicate quickly, work efficiently, cross-train our employees, and modify products.
We are the only specification-grade architectural lighting company to offer a complete line of recessed- and track-mounted luminaires. Our extensive catalog also includes track lighting systems, wall grazing systems, and optical accessories. Each product line offers a variety of:
- mounting styles: track, recessed, install-from-below, surface- mounted, and more.
- functions: downlights, wallwashers, wallgrazers, object lights, spotlights, combination downlight/wallwashers, and more.
Our lighting systems are known for:
- low brightness apertures, thanks to precisely designed cross-baffles, ring-baffles, or specialty-painted housing interiors.
- innovative design. Our Artima LED/5 and APlus families were selected for the IES Progress Report.
- long lifetimes, thanks to durable materials and serviceable designs.
- efficiency, as seen in our highly efficient, open-aperture O LH track fixtures.
- elegant aesthetics. Clean lines and low-brightness apertures help our fixtures unobtrusively blend into the architecture.
Our installations span a variety of industries, interior design styles, and locations. We have lit over 400 museums and galleries, as well as offices, residences, academic buildings, and more. Our lighting systems can be modified for installation in challenging interiors.
Edison Price Lighting illuminates interiors around the country -- and the world. We are represented in North America by over 60 manufacturer's representatives with a total of 100 branch offices. Working with our international manufacturing partners and representatives, we have decades of experience manage projects abroad.
Edison Price Lighting designs, prototypes, tests, fabricates, and ships products all under one roof. See how we transform quality raw materials to finished products step-by-step:
Our R&D department is constantly designing new products and updating existing lines. Our developments are inspired by:
- the latest LED technologies. We are not married to one LED manufacturer, but maintain the freedom to select the best LED module for the application.
- common lighting design challenges, such as hallways or sloped ceilings.
- contemporary interior architecture aesthetics, such as grid ceilings or textured walls.
New designs undergo an extensive prototyping and testing process, which includes:
- initial prototype constructed by our in-house 3D printer
- final prototype built by our in-house factory
- heat and photometric testing conducted in-house
- photometric testing conducted by the independent labs, Underwriters Laboratories (UL) or CSA.
3. PREPARE MATERIALS
As a "Made in USA" certified company, we fabricate products on a per-order-basis, enabling flexible shipments according to each project's needs.
Using locally-sourced materials whenever possible, we manufacture many of our parts down to the smallest bolt, maximizing our control over product availability.
Once an order is released, our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system automatically schedules production, tracks inventory, and assigns tasks to our computer numerical control (CNC) machines.
Our in-house factory is equipped with the latest punch press, laser, milling, forming, and other advanced machinery to cut, wash, bend, and assemble the products.
Our manufacturing team is cross-trained to flexibly change roles, depending on the project's needs. We specialize in skill-driven techniques, including hand-wiring, spinning, die making, and painting.
Learn more about our Made in USA factory.
After the products pass quality control inspection, they are carefully packaged. Our shipping department double-checks all shipments are accurate.