Edison Price Lighting proudly manufactures in the heart of New York City. We manufacture as sustainably as possible to prove a point: urban manufacturing benefits everyone, without negatively impacting the environment. Everything we source, produce, and dispose of is done to minimize our impact.
- We design and built our products to last for decades. Their seamless design and durable materials minimize the chance of warping or breakage. Additionally, all our parts are serviceable and replaceable, further extending our product's lifetime.
- Our long-lasting products help the environment by delaying disposal in a landfill, and the construction and shipment of new products.
No toxic materials
- We never use toxic materials or hazardous compounds in our manufacturing process. Instead we opt for non-polluting water-based paints and water-soluble solvents.
- All of our purchased product components, such as LED modules, ballasts, and drivers, meet the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive. Compliance with RoHS ensures the reduction of toxic materials (lead, cadmium, mercury, Hex-Cr, PBB, PBDE) to universally-acceptable safe levels.
- We paint our products in-house using only water-based, low-VOC paint. Unlike hazardous solvent-based paint, our paint does not release noxious fumes, which benefits air quality and our employee’s health.
- Because our paint is nonpolluting, we clean and recycle our used paint containers, thus eliminating water and soil pollution, and reducing landfill waste.
Material waste reduction
- Before we cut parts out of the raw material, our programmable software strategically arranges the parts onto the raw material. By “nesting” the parts in the smallest area possible, we maximize the material's usage. As a result, we minimize resource consumption and waste.
- We recycle or resell any excess metals generated by our operations. On average, these metals total 475 pounds per week.
- We re-purpose our supplier’s pallets, and recycle as much of our supplier’s packaging as possible.
- All of our products are shipped in 25-50% post-consumer recycled packaging. Our cardboard, plastic wrapping, and wooden pallets are all recyclable.
Tour our factory as part of our Light in Action workshop.
Schedule a time to tour our factory anytime.