Archtober at EPL
Edison Price Lighting, along with artists Sina Basila and Francis Milloy, are hosting events during Archtober, a monthlong celebration of architecture in New York City.
- The Art of Somatic Illumination AIA Continuing Education Course
- Behind-the-Architecture Photography Workshop
THE ART OF SOMATIC ILLUMINATION
AIA CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSE
Earn 1 AIA HSW credit during a course taught by architect, artist and lighting designer Francis Milloy, in the Edison Price Lighting Gallery.
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 6:00 - 8:00pm, Edison Price Lighting Gallery, Long Island City
- Examine our current relationship with light and the built environment.
- Explore how to re-calibrate this relationship through an analysis of space, light, darkness and form.
- Learn a more embodied, somatic approach to architecture and light/darkness.
- Event includes wine and light snacks.
Francis Milloy is a Scottish born New York City based lighting designer, architect, urban designer and artist with over fifteen years experience working in the field of the built environment.
- Saturday, October 27th, 2:00 - 3:30pm, Edison Price Lighting Gallery, Long Island City
- Learn the architecture of a photograph, including composition, lighting, and focus.
- Review successful photographs and their techniques.
- Apply the lessons while touring the on-site factory. Peek behind the architecture, and capture how architectural lighting fixtures are constructed.
Sina Basila is a New York City-based documetary, portrait, and event photographer. Sina photographs–featuring wearable designs she created from surplus EPL factory materials–is now on exhibit at the Edison Price Lighting Gallery.