May 9 Lighting Extravaganza
Thank you for attending the Edison Price Lighting and SALIOT atop the Willis Tower on Wednesday, May 9th.
• 7:30 - 10:30am continental breakfast
• 9:00 - 10:00am: How to pull off a complete LED house (1 AIA HSW credit course). Learn evolving best practices for residential illumination, with details between two projects 10 years apart. Presented by Andy Lang, IALD, AIA, Lang Lighting Design (Dallas, TX).
• 10:00 - 11:00am LED as IoT (1 AIA HSW credit course). Unlock connected 'internet of things' illumination, and control and communicate with unprecedented possibilities. Presented by Edison Price Lighting.
• 11:00am - 2:30pm buffet lunch
• 12:00 noon - 1:00pm Balancing Lighting Needs (1 AIA LU credit course). Learn a step-by-step process to first identify, then prioritize needs related to the installation, aesthetics, maintenance, and end user. Presented by Edison Price Lighting.
• 2:00 - 3:00pm Adaptability in Lighting Design (1 AIA HSW credit course). Adapt lighting to circadian rhythm triggers, occupant ages, tasks, and architectural drama. Presented by David Warfel, IES, Associate AIA, David K Warfel Lighting Design (Chicago, IL).
• 3:00 - 4:00pm Art of Lighting (1 AIA HSW credit course). Elevate any object to a work of art by implementing the same techniques used by museums and galleries around the country. Presented by Edison Price Lighting.
• 3:30pm - 6:00pm cocktails and hors d'oeuvres
• 4:00 - 5:00pm Color Perception and Metrics (1 AIA HSW credit course). Reconsider color, from how it is first perceived to how it is finally measured, including with IES TM-30. Presented by Daniel Rogers, IES, LEED AP, ICF (New York, NY).
• 5:00pm free Skydeck tours on the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower.